Some great ways to make sure for a great day!
20 Ways To Have A Great Day
There are lots of ways to have a great day, here is our Top 20. If you have another way please let us know, lets all have a great day!
- Wake up earlier. If you get up at 6am and its a mad rush all morning then set the alarm for 5.30am and give yourself that extra time to slow down.
- Have a plan for the morning the night before. Already know what you are going to do when you wake up before you go to sleep at night. This will make it easier.
- Stretch. Stretch when you wake up. Have a good stretch!
- Have Positive thoughts before you go to sleep. Tell yourself tomorrow is going to be a great day.
- Make a list. Too much to remember? Write it down or type it in. Use your calendar or scrap paper. Putting it down on paper will relieve the brain clutter.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Not just a double espresso.
- Water. Drink lots of water. Carry a bottle around with you if you have to. Its essential.
- Shower and Hygiene. Take a shower, brush your teeth, wash your hair and put on some clean clothes! As a busy mum i know that it is sometimes hard to get all that done but its soooo good when you do. Everyone else in the house is probably doing that, Make it happen.
- Be consciously grateful. Say out loud to yourself the things you are grateful or thankful for. I am so grateful i have endless clean water to drink, I'm thankful someone took the rubbish out, I'm so grateful that it is a clear day and my washing will dry. Lots of things to be grateful for huh!
- Smile. Do it. Smile at your kids. Smile at your partner, neighbour, the person who blocks your way in the car park. Smile at them, its OK.
- Count to ten. Going to lose it? Stop and slowly count to ten. Do it out loud if you need to. Sometimes the lack of losing it and slowly counting makes the kids stop and listen more than the yelling.
- Give compliments. Tell your kids positive things, tell your partner you like that shirt on them, tell the neighbour you love their roses. tell a friend you love that dress. Be free with the compliments.
- Compliment yourself. Does your hair look good today? Do you look nice in that skirt? Tell yourself!
- Take a break. If you need a break take it. Been working hard all morning, take a cup of tea out to the sunshine for a few minutes. Working to a deadline? stand up and take a few minutes to stretch. You'll feel much better.
- Do your best. If you are going to do something do your best, if you do it half ass'd thats the results you'll get.
- Exercise. You need exercise in your day. A stroll, a quick run, a power session at the gym or even some exercises at home. Add them to your day.
- Happy. What makes you happy? Music? Flowers in the garden? Fresh apples? Seeing the sun rise? What ever little thing that makes you happy that you can add to a day make sure it happens.
- Call a loved one. Call a family member or friend to brighten your day. Just calling to say Hi can brighten yours and theirs!
- Make someone else's day. A phone call can change a day, Letting someone else go first through the checkout, Having a surprise picnic at the park after school, make or buy your work colleague a coffee, lots of ways a little giving can make someone elses day. It will make you feel good to make someone else's day
- Pat yourself on the back! Did you cross off something on that list? DId you manage to get the kids through a busy day? Did you remember to drink water? Well whatever you accomplished you deserve a pat on the back for getting it done, give yourself a pat! Your positive thought for tonight before you go to sleep is I can have a great day and get things done!
You might also like: